KPMG Intern BPG Finance & Accounting ( Chicago_IL) in Chicago, Illinois
Intern BPG Finance & Accounting
Job # CR008
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries.
Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities.
With qualities like those, it’s no wonder we’re consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
Visit our KPMG Careers site to learn more about our services.
KPMG is currently seeking an Intern for our Business Process Group – Finance & Accounting practice.
• Assist with various day-to-day Finance and Accounting activities which may include, but are not limited to: analysis / analytics, transaction processing activities, reconciliations, research / follow-up on open items, preparing monthly financial reporting packages and reporting budget variances to leadership, identifying budget risks, working with lead analysts to develop and/or complete detailed investment business cases, return on investments and value propositions, and creation of process documentation
• Develop solutions to ad-hoc analytical, reporting and/or other requests utilizing available tools and technologies
• Take projects or tasks from start to completion and track progress on multi-step projects
• Complete assigned tasks efficiently and with accuracy
• Research various related topics as assigned
• Leverage offshore capabilities for engagement setup, product maintenance and standard reporting if and when appropriate
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field
• Some business experience / acumen and ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment, preferred
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills, detail-orientation and the ability to prioritize projects and tasks
• Strong proficiency in standard PC applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, with Microsoft Access experience, preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently while being a team player
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with all levels of staff
• Ability to execute on deliverables and see projects through to completion
• Ability to travel to multi-day programs, if assigned
• Targeted graduation dates from December 2018 through Summer 2021
KPMG's award winning internship program is designed to provide you with a valuable learning experience. Visit our careers site to learn more about our internship opportunities.
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex/gender, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, physical or mental handicap unrelated to ability, pregnancy, veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, personal appearance, family responsibility, matriculation or political affiliation, or other legally protected status. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace. KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). No phone calls or agencies please.
©2018 KPMG LLP, a Delaware limited liability partnership and the U.S. member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.
Description: KPMG LLP, the audit, tax and advisory firm, is the U.S. member firm of KPMG International. KPMG International’s member firms have 137,000 professionals, including more than 7,600 partners, in 144 countries. KPMG delivers a globally consistent set of multidisciplinary services based on deep industry knowledge. Our industry focus helps KPMG professionals develop a rich understanding of clients' businesses and the insight, skills, and resources required to address industry-specific issues and opportunities.
Instructions: Submit Online Application To: http://www.kpmgcampus.com/what-we-do
Job Ref Code: Job # CR008